Saturday, August 1, 2009

No Day But Today

Today I truly got to experience theatre in many of its forms. From The Adventures of a Bear Called Paddigton, a children's show of the craziest, cutest variety to RENT was has been, and will long continue to be a favorite musical of mine simply for the emotional pull it has over me even after repeated viewings/listens. It was in fact, the first stage show I ever saw to bring me to tears, maybe even the first entertainment (music, movies, stage) to do so. Then after both of those experiences today, I went into the Wedge for the final performance in that space ever (which was kind of Bittersweet, but that's a whole different topic) for some highly, highly experimental theatre put on by the lab company. Then we struck the Wedge for the last time. Cut down all the runs, packed up the computer and board, the works. I'm still convinced a good strike is my favorite part of theatre. All in all, I worked more today then I did all of last week combined, and even through all the stress, such as moving a piano across town in my Mustang, it was one of the most fulfilling days of the summer. It is now past 3 am and I get to do the first two parts of that again later today, as we have the final two performances of Paddington followed by another run thru of RENT. And then changeover. And find sometime to move. I should really be in bed. Oh well. Work to be done. Goodnight blogsphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment